There are two types of academic advisors at M State, program advisors and professional advisors. Each admitted student is assigned an advisor based on his or her program of study. Students may find their advisor's name on their Degree Audit Report (DARS).
- Advise all Liberal Arts & Sciences - Associate in Arts (AA) students
- Advise all Liberal Arts & Sciences (with Social Science emphasis) - Associate in Arts (AA) students
- Advise students completing their Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)
- Advise candidates for programs with selective admission (e.g. criminal justice, dental assisting, dental hygiene, nursing and radiological technology)
- Advise Engineering - Associate in Science (AS) students
- Advise students who are undecided or undeclared
- Faculty members advise students who are enrolled in technical/career programs