These college-wide core abilities serve as the foundation for education at M State.
A. Demonstrate effective communication
- Learner writes clearly, concisely and accurately in appropriate context and format.
- Learner speaks clearly, concisely and accurately in a variety of contexts and formats.
- Learner comprehends written and verbal communication.
B. Demonstrate critical thinking
- Learner draws conclusions based on evidence.
- Learner distinguishes between facts, fallacies, inferences and judgments.
- Learner considers multiple perspectives in problem solving.
C. Demonstrate quantitative and logical reasoning
- Learner performs computations using appropriate methods.
- Learner demonstrates numerical and logical reasoning.
D. Demonstrate personal and social responsibility
- Learner demonstrates personal integrity and professional ethical practices.
- Learner demonstrates respect for the rights, views and work of others.
- Learner demonstrates personal accountability.
- Learner demonstrates multicultural and global awareness.
- Learner demonstrates the ability to work in a team.
E. Demonstrate effective use of information technology
- Learner applies technology to create solutions.
- Learner uses technology to communicate.