Complete the FAFSA
and return all completed required documents to your M State campus financial aid office. When all required documents are received and processed, you will receive an email notification that your award letter from M State is available online. You must enroll in a minimum of 6 credits during each term of the loan period. Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized: To begin the loan application process you will need to print and complete the award letter response form and mail it to the address listed on the form or return it to your campus financial aid office. In addition to returning the form, the student must have completed the following two steps in order for loan funds to be applied to their student account.
- Complete Entrance Counseling. Once you have completed loan entrance counseling, the school will be notified electronically that you have successfully completed it.
- Electronically sign your Master Promissory Note. When electronically signing the Master Promissory Note, please turn off pop-up blockers to enable successful completion.
Please have the following things ready when you complete your Master Promissory Note.
- Your Federal PIN
- Your driver's license number
- Names and addresses of two personal references from two different households.
If you have problems electronically signing your Master Promissory Note for Direct Loans, assistance can be obtained at Direct Loan Applicant Services at 1-800-557-7394. Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
Student Educational Loan Fund (SELF)
- The parent/stepparent can download the application. One parent will need to supply name, address, date of birth, social security number, driver's license number, phone number, loan amount requested.
- The parent will return application to M State for processing.
- Parent will sign the electronic Master Promissory Note for PLUS Loan. You will need your Federal PIN, driver's license number and names and addresses of two personal references from two different households. If you do not have your PIN you can request one at www.pin.ed.gov or if you have one and misplaced it, you can request a duplicate. Once the credit check has been approved and M State has documentation that the parent has signed the Master Promissory Note, the loan will be disbursed following the schedule set by the college.
- Co-signer completes pre-approval process here.
- Student completes application and counseling here.
- Once the loan is approved, money will be applied to the student's college account.