||This course teaches the preparation for overall refinishing procedures, paint mixing and color matching. It also teaches skills in spot repair, blending and application of pinstriping and chip guard.
- Demonstrate safety practices.
- Demonstrate use of sandpaper grits used in preparation of topcoats.
- Demonstrate cleaning and masking techniques used for prepation of topcoats.
- Demonstrate paint booth preparation.
- Demonstrate use of paint code locations in the mixing of different topcoats.
- Apply spary gun techniques used in topcoating.
- Demonstrate understanding of application of topcoats.
- Demonstrate painting of flexible parts.
- Analyze paint problems.
- Demonstrate paint problem repairs.
- Demonstrate color sanding and buffing techniques.
- Demonstrate final preparation of vehicle for delivery.
- Demonstrate professionalism, dependability and good work habits.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines