||This course covers the various tax laws pertaining to the computation and payment of salaries and wages. Topics include preparation of employment records, payroll registers, time cards, employee earnings records and government payroll reports.
- Describe FLSA provisions.
- Identify wage payment methods.
- Calculate gross earnings.
- Calculate social security coverages.
- Calculate percentage and wage-bracket withholding methods.
- Calculate payroll tax deposit requirements.
- Prepare employer's quarterly and annual tax returns.
- Prepare payroll registers.
- Prepare employee earnings records.
- Record payroll journal entries.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines