||This course offers hands-on training in the tasks performed by medical administrative personnel in medical office settings. Topics include health care careers, legal and ethical responsibilities, medical appointments and calendars, professional communication including telephone techniques, health information responsibilities, meeting and travel arrangements, introduction to medical office management and career search strategies.
- Explain medical administrative professions.
- Examine health care occupations and facilities.
- Explain legal and ethical responsibilities of health care employees.
- Explain diversity of patients.
- Demonstrate appropriate telephone techniques in a health care environment.
- Demonstrate professional oral and written communications in a health care environment.
- Demonstrate patient registration & reception responsibilities.
- Schedule medical appointments & physician calendars.
- Explain health information management functions.
- Demonstrate required medical record maintenance.
- Identify medical office management responsibilities.
- Demonstrate career search strategies.
- Utilize current medical office technology to perform medical administrative responsibilities.
- Describe an assistant's financial management responsibilities in the medical office.
- Identify essentials of human resource management in the medical office.
- Perform medical billing procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines