||This course provides an in-depth exploration of medical terms used in pharmacology, radiology, laboratory and pathology, surgery, psychiatry, oncology, podiatry and physical and occupational therapy. Spelling, proofreading and analysis of medical documentation will be reviewed along with a study of a variety of medical documents. A solid foundation of medical terminology is cultivated in this course.
- Interpret pharmacology terms.
- Interpret drug information.
- Explain drug measurement and administration.
- Explain drug classifications and commonly used medications within each classification.
- Interpret laboratory and pathology terms.
- Interpret radiology terms.
- Interpret surgical terms.
- Interpret physical and occupational therapy terms.
- Interpret psychiatric terms.
- Interpret oncology terms.
- Analyze and proofread various medical reports and documentation.
- Utilize medical and English references.
- Demonstrate professional work habits.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines