||This course is designed to teach the transcription of intermediate original health care dictation using intermediate proofreading, editing and research skills, while meeting progressively demanding accuracy and productivity standards.
- Interpret and transcribe a variety of medical reports of intermediate difficulty by dictators with and without accents and dialects.
- Identify and correct medical inconsistencies, discrepancies and inaccuracies in dictation.
- Evaluate the accuracy of transcribed health care documents of intermediate difficulty on computer screen and/or hard copy and make corrections.
- Apply medicolegal concepts to medical transcription.
- Meet progressively demanding accuracy standards while transcribing reports of intermediate difficulty.
- Meet progressively demanding productivity standards while transcribing reports of intermediate difficulty.
- Identify and use appropriate references and other resources while transcribing, proofreading, editing and revising reports of intermediate dificulty.
- Display professional work habits.
- Display compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) confidentiality guidelines.
- Utilize language skills and medical knowledge to appropriately edit, revise and clarify while transcribing original health care dictation of intermediate difficulty without altering the meaning of the dictation or changing the author's style.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines