||This course examines the many responsibilities of a medical office manager. Whether in a small private practice or in a large group practice, a medical office manager must be aware of current regulations in the health care industry and how these regulations affect the operations of a health care organization. Office management, business operations, human resources, financial management and marketing for health care organizations are also explored.
- Examine management styles.
- Develop and deliver training materials.
- Develop policies for the medical office.
- Develop procedures for the medical office.
- Develop patient information booklet.
- Explore healthcare compliance issues.
- Explore healthcare marketing and public relations practices.
- Utilize current technology to perform management responsibilities.
- Develop interpersonal communication skills appropriate for a healthcare environment.
- Explore current issues in the healthcare industry.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines