||This course prepares students to take the Certified Professional Coder - Hospital (CPC-H) examination. Review of CPT, ICD and HCPCS II coding will be an integral part of this course. Practice examinations will be taken under timed conditions. The course assists the student in establishing a personal plan for continued development in preparation for the certification examination.
- Develop a personal plan for preparation for the certification examination.
- Identify the testing requirements by the American Academy of Professional Coders.
- Explain the components of the CPC-H examination.
- Complete pre-test practice examination.
- Review anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, and related terminology of organ systems of the human body.
- Review assignment of CPT codes.
- Review the use of modifiers with procedure codes.
- Review assignment of HCPCS II Codes.
- Review assignment of ICD Volumes I, II, III codes.
- Review official guidelines for coding and reporting of diagnoses.
- Complete post-test practice examination.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines