||This course covers transcription of advanced original health care dictation using advanced proofreading, editing and research skills, while meeting progressively demanding accuracy and productivity standards.
- Interpret and transcribe a variety of medical reports of advanced difficulty by dictators with and without accents and dialects.
- Evaluate the accuracy of transcribed healthcare documents of advanced difficulty on computer screen and/or hard copy.
- Practice professional and ethical conduct.
- Meet progressively demanding accuracy standards while transcribing reports of advanced difficulty.
- Meet progressively demanding productivity standards while transcribing reports of advanced difficulty.
- Identify and use appropriate medical references and other resources while transcribing, proofreading, editing, and revising reports of advanced difficulty.
- Display compliance with HIPAA confidentiality guidelines.
- Utilize language skills and medical knowledge to appropriately edit, revise, and clarify while transcribing advanced, original healthcare dictation without altering the meaning of the dictation or changing the author's style.
- Perform accurate corrections when proofreading documents for errors.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines