||This course provides an office-simulation setting to give students experience in performing medical transcription on all levels of reports, multiple report types and multiple specialties. The student will apply all previously learned skills in utilizing references and word expansion techniques.
- Apply medicolegal concepts as they apply to medical transcription.
- Meet accuracy standards.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and ethical conduct.
- Identify and use appropriate medical references and other resources while transcribing, proofreading, editing and revising reports of advanced difficulty.
- Display compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) confidentiality guidelines.
- Create and fulfill a training schedule.
- Accurately transcribe original health care dictation representing various specialties and varying degrees of complexity by authors with and without accents and dialects, emphasizing a variety of health care documents.
- Utilize language skills and technology to appropriately edit, revise and clarify while transcribing dictation without altering the meaning of the dictation or changing the author's style.
- Meet productivity standards.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines