||This course provides the student with practical occupational experience in a health care-related facility. Each internship is an individualized experience. Each student prepares a training plan in conjunction with the training site to provide guided experiences related to the skills and knowledge acquired in the medical transcription field.
- Adhere to dress code policies as determined by the employer.
- Exhibit a respectful attitude toward the employer and other personnel in the office.
- Comply with the agreed-upon work schedule with the employer.
- Follow The Joint Commission Dangerous Abbreviations rules.
- Comply with the guidelines of style as determined by the employer.
- Exhibit a willingness to learn new software and ways of transcribing dictation.
- Protect patient and client confidentiality at all times.
- Follow rules of the employer when appropriate.
- Represent yourself and M State to all clients and the employer with dignity and professionalism.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines