||In this course the alpha, numeric, symbol and punctuation keys are reviewed emphasizing the touch method. Computer keyboarding fundamentals and techniques are taught, including basic formatting, proofreading skills, straight-copy skill development and correct computer keyboarding posture and technique.
Placement by assessment
- Develop the touch method and alpha/numeric/symbol/punctuation skills.
- Format business and personal documents to industry specifications.
- Produce business and personal documents to industry standards and specifications.
- Modify text utilizing features of current software application including font size, style and effects.
- Produce documents using proper formatting for enumerations, outlines, tables, interoffice documents and multi-page reports.
- Create documents applying proper formatting for ruled, boxed and open tables to business standards.
- Demonstrate proper usage of spell check, thesaurus and word division rules.
- Utilize page numbering features and reference materials used in business docments.
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of print attributes, printer maintenance and other related printer aspects.
- Produce specialized documents, financial statements, business meeting documents and form letters to industry standards.
- Format and produce unbound, leftbound and multi-page reports in MLA and APA style
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines