||This course covers advanced formatting and text editing techniques. Emphasis is on building speed and increasing accuracy in the operation of the alpha, numeric and symbol keys and in developing text editing concepts, critical thinking and decision making. Enhanced proofreading, editing and revising skills are developed.
- Demonstrate proofreading, editing and language skills.
- Practice alpha and numeric keys.
- Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy skills.
- Create documents from edited rough drafts.
- Produce and edit graphic documents.
- Use page numbering features, reference materials and various font settings.
- Create memorandums, letters, interoffice documents, and business meeting documents to industry standards using proper formatting.
- Produce specialized documents, financial statements, multipage documents and form letters to industry standards using proper formatting.
- Explain letter technicalities.
- Extract table information.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines