||This course introduces the basic principles and techniques of operating data entry equipment. The course also develops a skill level proficiency in data entry.
- Define batch processing, transaction processing, record, range checks and general data entry concepts.
- Describe field, database, data validation, organization, and entry level/job advancement opportunities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of startup and shut down procedures, function keys and data keying proficiency.
- Describe centralized processing, data organization and data validation.
- Perform verification/sight checks, update procedures, spreadsheet editing tasks, search/inquiry operations and database editing tasks.
- Perform data entry for various applications to include accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and insurance.
- Explain security/security-level procedures, computer printouts, and backup procedures of data.
- List data operator responsibilities and data entry devices utilized.
- Prepare spreadsheet printouts, payroll system entry tasks and payroll system edit entry tasks.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines