||This course covers the skills and procedures required for the administrative office professional within the automated modern office. Topics may include time management, leading teams, handling conflict resolution, managing projects, planning and scheduling events, and arranging travel. Students will develop skills in office procedures, telephone techniques, evaluating equipment and software purchases, budgeting, managing inventory and processing mail. This course will provide the student with in-depth exposure to the roles and responsibilities of an office professional, both ethically and professionally.
- Demonstrate professional interpersonal and intrapersonal skills as required in the office environment.
- Demonstrate professional business etiquette, ethics and behaviors in projects, communications and presentations.
- Apply proper business communications when communicating in person, over the telephone or using technology.
- Schedule, plan and make arrangements for business meetings.
- Schedule, plan and make arrangements for business travel.
- Prepare required documentation for business meetings and travel arrangements.
- Develop skills to improve time-management, organization, setting priorities and teamwork in the office environment.
- Formulate the professional skills to manage the office, such as supervising others, handling budgets and taking on additional responsibilities by utilizing analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Prepare personal career documents and professional development plans for goal setting, career advancement and life-long professional development.
- Apply ergonomics and safety practices within the office environment.
- Develop skills in office procedures such as telephone technique, customer service and records management to keep the office running smoothly.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines