||This course covers the development of keyboarding and formatting techniques. Emphasis is on building speed and accuracy in the operation of the alphabetic, numeric and symbol keys, as well as introducing document formatting while progressing to more advanced concepts. This course will also cover advanced formatting and text editing techniques that focus on developing enhanced proofreading, editing and revising skills.
- Acquire the touch method while developing alphabetic/numeric/function/symbol key skills.
- Format formal business and social-business documents to meet industry specifications.
- Manipulate text utilizing features of current software application.
- Produce ruled, boxed, and open tables applying business standards.
- Produce enumerations, outlines, tables, interoffice documents, and multi-page reports.
- Demonstrate usage of spell check, thesaurus, and apply proper word division in documents.
- Utilize font, page numbering features, and reference materials in business documents.
- Display knowledge of print attributes, printer maintenance, and other related printer aspects.
- Produce specialized documents, financial statements, business meeting documents, and letters to meet industry standards.
- Demonstrate proofreading and editing skills in business documents.
- Evaluate presentation of specific business documents to meet industry standards.
- Demonstrate improvement of speed and accuracy throughout course.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines