||This course provides students with an in-depth understanding of the word processing techniques needed to facilitate the production, documentation, storage and relay of information. This course will stress increased proficiency in the computer production of a variety of business documents. Students will also work with more complicated projects that incorporate many of the upper-level skills required in the advanced portion of this course.
- Utilize text, symbols, and special characters in documents.
- Create graphics in documents.
- Create various table styles.
- Customize bulleted and numbered lists.
- Format text, paragraphs, and columns within documents.
- Insert content in headers and footers for documents.
- Modify document layout and page setup.
- Create diagrams and charts.
- Utilize hyperlinks within various documents.
- Create templates.
- Utilize document properties.
- Utilize merging features for various documents.
- Create master documents and subdocuments.
- Perform calculations in tables.
- Apply tracking features in documents.
- Create web pages.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines