||This course will provide students with transferable skills that can be used in any job or position. Students will develop the soft skills and personal qualities that prepare them to make a positive contribution to the daily operations of an organization. These may include communications, decision making, critical thinking and problem solving skills. Students also will use technology creatively, effectively and efficiently with integrity. Students will develop the traits that demonstrate commitment to an organization including reliability, dependability, flexibility and being positive and enthusiastic. Students will develop the workplace skills of accepting responsibility, prioritizing, time management, working well under pressure and showing leadership skills with professionalism.
- Practice and develop positive, effective communication skills using all venues.
- Evaluate critical workplace skills in a variety of industries and positions to compare and contrast soft skills required.
- Develop and assess ability to work in teams as a cohesive whole to examine positive teamwork behaviors and conducts that impact others.
- Demonstrate decision-making, critical thinking and problem solving abilities such as making quick, accurate decisions, thinking under pressure and solving problems.
- Develop and assess self-management skills regarding perception of self and others, managing emotions and reacting to adverse situations positively.
- Attend and explore community events and the need for soft skills in the workplace.
- Explore strategies to efficiently and effectively coordinate, facilitate, motivate, inspire, guide, mentor and lead meetings, individuals and teams.
- Evaluate situations and recommend solutions using logic and reasoning.
- Demonstrate and integrate professionalism through commitment to organization, resourcefulness and leadership skills.
- Prepare and actively participate to create a positive workplace environment.
- Incorporate characteristics required in workplace by showing up on time, dressing professionally and taking personal responsibility with a positive attitude.
- Model personal and professional growth by attending professional development activities.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines