||This course is designed to enhance and reinforce software skills through project-based activities by extensive use of integrating applications using word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, media development and basic Web page development for both actual and simulated business applications. This course will improve Internet search skills, develop teamwork and enhance critical-thinking and problem-solving skills as will be experienced in the office setting.
- Utilize document templates and/or macros.
- Design basic web pages using bookmarks and hyperlinks.
- Use advanced query features in spreadsheets and databases.
- Use advanced sorting features in spreadsheets and databases.
- Utilize outline features.
- Prepare tables and forms for office use in various applications.
- Prepare correspondence and presentations for meetings.
- Prepare business forms, reports, specialized documents using integrated applications.
- Demonstrate integration processes among office applications.
- Create advanced business documents utilizing mail merge features.
- Demonstrate effective Internet search techniques.
- Demonstrate effective correspondence processes utilizing different communication mediums.
- Calculate appropriate formulas for use in various applications.
- Create calculated fields.
- Utilize advanced business simulations.
- Use advanced filtering features in spreadsheets and databases.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines