||This course is designed to advance, enhance and reinforce software skills for the office professional with extensive integration of applications using word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations and basic Web page development. Advanced software features and tools will be used to design and create various documents for all applications. This course will improve the office professional's confidence in software applications and Internet searches by cultivating analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills as required and experienced in the office setting.
|| C or higher in ADMS1130
per instructor's approval
- Create advanced business documents in projects and simulations by selecting correct application to impart information effectively.
- Design and create basic Web pages using bookmarks and hyperlinks.
- Formulate advanced query features in spreadsheets and databases.
- Use advanced sorting and filtering features in spreadsheets and databases.
- Generate smooth integration processes among office applications.
- Prepare advanced business presentations by applying effective business communications skills for readability and accuracy.
- Select and develop effective Internet search techniques.
- Evaluate and apply advanced formulas, functions and calculated fields within all applications.
- Plan and construct actual professional business simulations utilizing all applications.
- Integrate and exhibit progression of analytical, problem solving and critical-thinking skills within projects and simulations to test personal efficiency and proficiency of software applications.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines