||This course is designed to enhance the office professional's business communication skills by creating more advanced business documents that may include business plans, managerial reports, manuscripts, budgets, presentations and others. Language elements and writing mechanics will be reviewed, with extensive practice in proofreading, editing and revising as students learn to communicate efficiently, effectively and ethically. Students will use analytical, decision making and technology skills for collaborative and individually written documents and presentations.
||C or higher in ADMS1116
per instructor's approval
- Create advanced formatting techniques when creating specialized business documents that may include business plans, advertising, marketing, reports and other business documents by applying analytical and decision-making skills.
- Select proper business formats by matching correct approach, style and tone, and presentation effectively for business communications.
- Prepare and apply proper grammar and punctuation effectively within business writing.
- Develop and perfect proper writing mechanics effectively within business writing.
- Choose advanced proofreading, editing and revising techniques for various business documents.
- Construct business presentations individually and within collaborative teams.
- Convey a professional image in oral, written and non-verbal communications in tone, posture, gestures and accuracy.
- Compare and contrast the oral and written communications relationship when using telecommunications and other technologies in the communication process.
- Critique office dynamics and critical office strategies for the office professional regarding diverse populations and changing workforce environments.
- Develop and portray personal confidence in person, over the telephone or in written communication by developing a positive attitude, accepting constructive criticism and learning from mistakes.
- Implement effective business etiquette, ethics, confidentiality, attitudes and demeanors in all forms of communications as required in the workplace.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines