||This course provides office support experience for students in their last semester of the ADMS AAS program. Each internship is individualized, and a training plan is created with each training site, providing students the opportunity to demonstrate their skills in a business setting. The internship experience will demonstrate that students will be better-prepared for positions above the entry level through the higher-level skills, roles and responsibilities learned in the AAS degree program,
|| per instructor's approval
- Practice and apply critical workplace skills to include personal responsibility, initiative, dependability and punctuality.
- Develop and apply effective work habits regarding customer service, time management, organization and commitment to company.
- Demonstrate and apply professional interpersonal and intrapersonal skills.
- Interpret and assume more responsibility to follow and implement oral and written instructions as given.
- Evaluate and select appropriate mode of delivery and venue to communication effectively.
- Adapt and implement professional business etiquette, ethics, confidentiality, attitudes and demeanors as required in business settings.
- Integrate proper telephone and office procedure techniques to disseminate information effectively.
- Produce advanced business documents by using decision-making skills to select correct technology to enhance efficiency and proficiency.
- Critique documents by revising, editing and proofreading for readability and accuracy.
- Investigate opportunities to work both independently and within teams to show critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Request to take on and assume additional roles and responsibilities that are available.
- Build on professional development plan from professional opportunities offered at internship.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines