||This course is designed to give the student an understanding of an automotive shop environment. They will learn occupational safety, proper use of power and hand tools, shop equipment, fasteners, precision measuring instruments, electronic information, writing electronic repair orders and industry expectations.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Perform basic automotive maintenance service skills.
- Demonstrate safe and proper use of vehicle lifts, hydraulic press and welding equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental and OSHA regulations.
- Develop accurate customer repair orders.
- Demonstrate tire and wheel service skills.
- Demonstrate ability to locate repair and labor information.
- Demonstrate ability to properly use automotive hand tools.
- Demonstrate the use of precision measuring instruments used in the automotive field.
- Identify fasteners and their specifications used in the automotive industry.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines