||This course teaches the basic principles of disc and drum brakes, hydraulic system fundamentals, parking brakes and power assist units. Emphasis is placed on operation, diagnosis and repair of various types of brake systems. Basic operation of anti-lock brake systems will also be covered.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Explain and interpret service information.
- Perform complete disc/drum service.
- Identify and describe drum brake components.
- Identify and describe disc brake components.
- Conduct brake system inspection and analysis.
- Identify hydraulic component operation and service procedures.
- Machine brake rotors and drums on bench brake lathe.
- Machine brake rotors using On-Car brake lathe.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines