||This course involves the understanding and service of batteries, charging systems and starting systems. The student will perform tests on these items using bench testing and vehicle testing. Repair will involve rebuilding items, as well as weighing the cost of replacement.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Interpret service information.
- Perform alternator tests and service.
- Perform scan tool testing and diagnosis.
- Understand the principles of battery construction.
- Perform battery tests to determine condition.
- Perform battery cleaning.
- Understand the operating principles of the charging system.
- Perform charging system tests to determine condition.
- Disassemble and reassemble charging systems components.
- Perform starting system tests to determine condition.
- Disassemble and reassemble starting system components.
- Understand the operating principles of the starting system.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines