||This course involves the understanding and servicing of batteries, charging systems and starting systems. The student will perform tests on these items using bench testing and vehicle testing. Students also will disassemble and reassemble components so they understand how those items operate. Students will determine cost of replacement versus repair.
- Exhibit safety precautions and professionalism.
- Interpret service information.
- Perform alternator tests and service.
- Perform scan tool testing and diagnosis.
- Describe the principles of battery construction.
- Perform battery tests to determine condition.
- Perform battery cleaning.
- Describe the operating principles of the charging system.
- Perform charging system tests to determine condition.
- Disassemble and reassemble charging system components.
- Perform starting system tests to determine condition.
- Disassemble and reassemble starting system components.
- Explain the operating principles of the starting system.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines