||This course involves understanding Ohm's law, multimeter usage, schematic reading, operation of electrical circuits and electronic components. The student will perform electrical tests and repairs on training boards as well as various vehicles. This course is a prerequisite for all second-year automotive courses.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Interpret service information
- Apply Ohm's law principles.
- Demonstrate proper use of a multimeter measuring voltage, resistance, and current.
- Apply electrical diagrams to diagnose and repair electrical problems.
- Perform electrical repairs involving soldering, connector repairs, heat shrinking, and corrosion.
- Perform electrical tests on various vehicles to determine problems.
- Perform electrical tests involving duty cycle, frequency, and peak voltages.
- Perform electrical tests using a lab scope.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines