||This course covers the fundamentals of internal combustion engine operation, repair and maintenance. The procedures for removal, replacement, diagnosing, rebuilding and assembly are presented. Proper tool and equipment application and failure diagnosis are emphasized.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Explain and interpret service information.
- Identify and inspect engine systems.
- Perform testing, diagnosis and repair of engine cylinder head.
- Perform valve train service.
- Inspect analyze components and determine correct repair.
- Test and service lubrication and cooling systems.
- Diagnose oil and coolant consumption concerns.
- Perform testing, diagnosis and repair of lower engine block assembly.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines