||This course covers the disassembly, diagnosis, measurement, service, assembly and adjustment of engines and components. Cylinder heads, valve trains, cylinder block assemblies, cooling and lubrication systems are thoroughly covered.
- Exhibit safety and Professionalism.
- Explain and interpret service information.
- Perform base engine diagnosis and intrepret data.
- Perform cylinder head service involving machining of valves, guides and seats.
- Perform short block service involving complete cylinder and crankshaft reconditioning.
- Diagnose and repair cooling systems.
- Remove and reinstall engine assembly.
- Diagnose and repair engine lubrication system.
- Perform valve system adjustments.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines