||This course covers service and theory of operation with clutch, manual transmission, drive shaft and drive axle systems. Service will involve removal, disassembly, repair, reassembly and adjustment of the mentioned items. Diagnostics and repair of noise vibration and harshness in the drive train system will also be performed.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Interpret service information.
- Perform front wheel drive transmission disassembly and reassembly.
- Perform clutch replacement and adjustments.
- Perform rear wheel drive transmission disassembly and reassembly.
- Perform drive shaft repair, alignment, and balance testing.
- Perform front axle repair and replacement.
- Calculate gear ratios and power flow throughout transmissions.
- Diagnose noise, vibration, and harshness within the drive train.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines