||This course focuses on computer-controlled body components and safety systems. Diagnostics will involve the use of scan tools, multimeters and lab scopes applied to a variety of body controlled devices. Students will learn how the various controllers communicate with each other through a variety of bussed circuits.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Diagnose and test various communication circuits.
- Interpret service information.
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems using multimeters.
- Diagnose and repair electrical accessories using a variety of scan tools.
- Diagnose and repair vehicles with body electrical problems.
- Diagnose and repair items associated with supplemental restraint systems.
- Diagnose and test electrical items using a digital scope.
- Diagnose and test electrical accessories using diagnostic flow charts and electronic service information.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines