||This course will cover the various emission devices used on an automobile as well as the fuel delivery to maintain an efficient operating engine. Items covered will be PCV systems, EGR systems, air injection systems, evaporative systems, catalytic converters and fuel injection controls. Students will diagnose and repair problems using a variety of equipment on project vehicles.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Intrepret service information.
- Perform engine tests to verify performance.
- Perform testing of exhaust using a 4 or 5 gas analyzer.
- Diagnose and repair exhaust gas recirculation systems.
- Diagnose and repair evaporative systems.
- Perform catalytic converter tests for functionality and restrictions.
- Diagnose and repair air injection systems.
- Diagnose and repair positive crankcase ventilation systems.
- Perform scan tool tests related to emission and fuel control devices.
- Perform fuel system pressure, volume, and injector tests.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines