||This course is an introduction to vehicle computer systems and related components that assist in the management of engine fuel, ignition and emission systems. Sensor inputs, management operation and operational commands are addressed.
|| AMST1101 AND AMST1111
- Exhibit safety precautions and professionalism.
- Interpret service information.
- Diagnose and repair various emission, fuel and ignition problems.
- Define failure codes and diagnostic repair procedures.
- Explain and test using a scan tool on various vehicle sensors and actuators.
- Interpret various sensor and actuator test results using electronic information and a multimeter.
- Interpret lab scope patterns on various sensors and actuators.
- Diagnose and explain through the use of diagnostic flow charts and service information.
- Interpret diagnostic code and apply it to a diagnostic chart to complete a repair.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines