||Students in this course will study the many electronic control systems used on today's passenger cars and light trucks. Second-generation on-board diagnostic strategies will be covered for ignition, fuel and emissions systems. The course will also incorporate hybrid technology, high-pressure gas fuel injection and diesel injection operation and testing.
|| AMST1101 AND AMST1111 AND AMST2214
- Exhibit safety precautions and professionalism.
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental and OSHA regulations.
- Interpret service information.
- Diagnose vehicle problems using manufacturers' diagnostic equipment.
- Diagnose vehicle problems by symptom based diagnostics.
- Perform diagnostic and service procedures involving hybrid vehicles.
- Perform diagnostic and service procedures on gasoline fuel-injected engines.
- Perform diagnostic and service procedures on light-duty diesel engines.
- Interpret on-board diagnostic second generation monitors.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines