||In this course, students will study the many electronic control systems used on today's passenger cars and light trucks. Second-generation on-board diagnostics strategy will be covered for ignition, fuel and emissions systems. The course will also incorporate hybrid technology, high pressure gas fuel injection, and diesel injection operation and testing.
|| TRNS1102 AND AMST1111
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental and OSHA regulations.
- Interpret service information.
- Diagnose vehicle problems using manufactureres' diagnostic equipment.
- Diagnose vehicle problems by symptom base diagnostics.
- Perform diagnostic and service procedures involving hybrid vehicles.
- Perform diagnostic and service procedures on gasoline fuel injected engines.
- Perform diagnostic and service procedures on light duty diesel engines.
- Interpret on-board diagnostic second generation monitors.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines