||This course will cover the operation of ignition systems. Students will learn how various ignition systems work so they will have the understanding to diagnose and repair ignition problems.
|| AMST1101 AND AMST1111
- Exhibit safety precautions and professionalism.
- Interpret service information.
- Explain and test ignition primary and secondary circuits using a multimeter.
- Perform ignition service and maintenance on various vehicles.
- Explain and test using a lab scope to diagnosis primary and secondary circuits.
- Perform scan tool checks on ignition components using a variety of vehicles.
- Perform timing adjustments where applicable.
- Interpret diagnostic flow charts aiding in ignition repairs.
- Diagnose and explain computer-controlled ignition systems.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines