||This course will cover the operation of the ignition system. Student will learn how various ignition systems work so they will have the understanding to diagnose and repair ignition problems.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Interpret service information.
- Perform ignition primary and secondary tests using a multimeter
- Perform ignition service and maintenance on various vehicles.
- Perform lab scope diagnosis on primary and secondary circuits.
- Perform scan tool checks on ignition components using a variety of vehicles.
- Perform timing adjustments where applicable.
- Use diagnostic flow charts aiding in ignition repairs.
- Diagnose and explain computer controlled ignition systems.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines