||This class is a continuation of AMST 1105 Brakes I. Students will look at a progression of anti-lock brake, traction control, electronic stability control and manufacturer variations of these systems. Students will perform scan tool diagnostics, circuit analysis, circuit repair and bleeding procedures involving anti-lock brake systems. The student will perform on-car operations with brake part replacement, machining of drums and rotors, and hydraulics.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Interpret service information.
- Identify Antilock Brake and traction Control systems.
- Perform Antilock Brake and traction control system diagnostics.
- Perform electrical testing and repairs on antilock brake control components.
- Perform Antilock Brake system bleeding procedures.
- Interpret electrical schematics as they apply to Antilock Brake systems.
- Perform Electronic Stability Control diagnostics.
- Perform on car and off car brake lathe operations.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines