||This class is a continuation of AMST 1105 Brakes I. Students will look at a progression of anti-lock brake, traction control and electronic stability control systems and manufacturer variations of these systems. Students will perform scan tool diagnostics, circuit analysis, circuit repair and bleeding procedures involving anti-lock brake systems. Student will perform on-car operations with brake part replacement, machining of drums and rotors, and hydraulics.
|| AMST1101 AND AMST1111 AND AMST1105
- Exhibit safety precautions and professionalism.
- Interpret service information.
- Identify anti-lock brake and traction control systems.
- Perform anti-lock brake and traction control system diagnostics.
- Perform electrical testing and repairs on anti-lock brake control components.
- Perform anti-lock brake system bleeding procedures.
- Interpret electrical schematics as they apply to anti-lock brake systems.
- Perform electronic stability control diagnostics.
- Perform on-car and off-car brake lathe operations.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines