||This course teaches the principles of heating, air conditioning and ventilation systems. Types and designs, component variations, diagnosis, testing and repair are studied and practiced on functioning units. System performance, recovery, evacuation and recharging are also covered in depth.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Explain and interpret service information.
- Identify and explain operation heating and air conditioning systems.
- Follow all current rules and regulations for service of all heating and air conditioning systems.
- Correctly identify and perform cooling system service.
- Correctly identify air conditioning refrigerant types and repair procedures.
- Correctly perform evacuation and recharge of vehicle air conditioning systems to current regulations.
- Properly diagnose climate control systems using the latest electronic scan tools.
- Follow latest industry diagnostic and repair standards.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines