||This course covers the design development and documentation of single-family living. Students will be introduced to residential design styles as well as proper documentation methods.
- Identify architectural styles and elements.
- Design residential schematics according to given design criteria.
- Produce a project template file to specified computer-aided drafting (CAD) standards
- Design floor and roof plans for multi-level residential homes.
- Construct building and stair section views.
- Design a building exterior based on a given architectural style.
- Create building elevations for a residential project.
- Create kitchen and bathroom plans for a residential project.
- Evaluate site design factors.
- Produce a site plan according to given zoning requirements.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines