||This course introduces building design and construction requirements for multi-family housing. The course covers the processes for the selection of building materials and their integration into construction documents.
|| ARCH1122 AND ARCH1126
- Report code requirements of various multiple-family housing typologies.
- Create typical unit floor plans.
- Draw floor plans per given Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) standards.
- Examine maintenance-free exterior material selections.
- Create multiple exterior design options using varying materials and roof forms.
- Create project estimates for various elevation options.
- Draw building elevations per given CAD standards.
- Draw roof plan per given CAD standards.
- Coordinate structural framing layout with mechanical and electrical systems.
- Draw a building section per given CAD standards.
- Draw wall sections per given CAD standards.
- Draw a stair section per given CAD standards.
- Report zoning requirements of multiple-family housing typologies.
- Draw property metes and bounds from given survey information.
- Draw a site plan per given CAD standards.
- Examine interior material selections requirements.
- Coordinate door, window and room finish schedules with building design.
- Draw construction details for the building envelope.
- Complete a project estimate of interior finishes.
- Produce coordinated construction document set.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines