||This course gives students the opportunity to work side-by-side with professional artists. Students will select an artist mentor based on the media and techniques the student chooses to explore. Students will meet with an art faculty adviser to select a mentor and to create a plan of study for the semester. Registration for this course is by instructor permission only.
|| ART1107 AND ART1111
- Design and follow a plan of study, under the guidance of a faculty advisor and the artist mentor.
- Create original art works, as determined by agreed plan of study. Students and mentors will determine media and quantity.
- Create a journal and sketchbook detailing progress, challenges and success of their creative process.
- Complete formal critique of art work at both midterm and conclusion of semester. Critique will be done with mentor and faculty advisor.
- Record work completed during the mentor process using digital photography. Artist statements will be written on final art work.
- Students will use efolio, creating a personal portfolio that highlights their art work and artist's statements.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines