||This course covers the fundamental principles of Level II American Sign Language (ASL) and introduces more advanced information about the Deaf Community and Deaf Culture. This course focuses on expanding knowledge and usage of ASL vocabulary including fingerspelling, numbers and classifiers, and continues with more complex ASL grammar and sentence structure.
||Grade of B or better in ASL1111
- Develop and increase expressive and receptive skills in American Sign Language (ASL).
- Develop advanced ASL conversation and dialogue skills.
- Enhance advanced vocabulary.
- Expand cultural awareness and cross-cultural skills.
- Perform and comprehend intermediate fingerspelling and numbers.
- Demonstrate comprehension of basic question structures including WH-questions (who, what, where, why) and Yes-No questions.
- Execute intermediate sentence structure including Topic-Comment structure and Subject-Verb-Object structure.
- Develop advanced classifier usage.
- Describe communication methods within the Deaf Community.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines