||This course introduces special topics in medical interpreting. Medical interpreters work in a variety of health care settings, including hospitals, clinics, private offices, rehabilitation centers, dental offices, vision centers and nursing homes. Interpreters also confront unique issues related to working in mental health facilities, substance abuse clinics, domestic violence programs or similar types of health care settings.
- Explain how to prepare for a variety of medical interpreting assignments.
- Illustrate ways interpreters function in specific medical settings
- Recognize general procedures used in a variety of medical settings and health care facilities.
- Describe techniques that promote effective communication with patients and medical care providers in a variety of settings.
- Discuss medical terminology typically used in a variety of medical settings and health care facilities.
- Describe issues that are currently relevant to the field of medical interpreting.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines