||This course is designed to give students a hands-on introduction to the construction building trades. Students will construct building systems related to carpentry, plumbing, heating, refrigeration, electrical and construction management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of terminology related to the carpentry, plumbing, heating, refrigeration and electrical trades in the lab setting.
- Identify the parts required for framing assemblies.
- Fabricate and construct framing assemblies per plans and specs.
- Construct and diagnose copper pipe applications for heating and refrigeration equipment.
- Build control wiring circuits for heating/cooling systems.
- Evaluate electrical systems.
- Apply electrical wiring methods.
- Design, configure and construct copper piping for plumbing systems.
- Construct detailed schedules for trade-related tasks.
- Estimate the time, material and equipment required to perform trade-related activities.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines