||This course provides the student with in-depth coverage of a spreadsheet and a database management system as used in a business setting. Students should be familiar with Windows and word processing.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the use of algebraic formulas in a spreadsheet application.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the use of logical and financial functions.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in gathering, formatting, and disseminating data.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of preparing charts based on data given.
- Demonstrate communication skills through properly prepared worksheets and charts.
- Apply knowledge of financial data by designing financial statements in a spreadsheet.
- Demonstrate ability to use a spreadsheets decision support system capabilities.
- Compare relational and flat file database systems.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of good database design.
- Prepare relational data models.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills by troubleshooting a database.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of a database management systems by designing, creating, and using a database.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines