||This course will provide a basic understanding of inventory management including purchasing, inventory, production and distribution processes. The course will cover cost concepts, inventory planning, ordering methods, receiving acceptable goods, establishing requirements and quantities, and managing inventory levels.
- Describe costs associated with inventory.
- Discuss techniques for managing inventory.
- Compare inventory forecasting techniques.
- Describe methods of inventory planning and control.
- Formulate inventory quantity requirements.
- Explain purchasing policies and strategies.
- Formulate purchasing decisions.
- Describe the complete purchasing and inventory process.
- Calculate and analyze inventory levels.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines