||This course is an introduction to personal financial management and planning. Topics covered include key factors that affect personal income, budgeting, cash-flow management, use of credit and credit cards, planned borrowing, managing taxes and major expenditures including housing, automobiles, insurance and investments.
- Display knowledge of present and future value tables.
- Display knowledge of annuities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of stock and bond valuation.
- Display knowledge of mutual funds, tax deferred annuities, money market funds.
- Analyze automobile, life, health and disability insurance policies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of money and debt management.
- Display knowledge of home purchasing and renting.
- Display knowledge of and setting up a retirement account.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines