||This course is an introduction to the economic environment of the agribusiness sectors of our economy. The course examines the role agriculture plays in the U.S. and global economies. Concepts to be examined include but are not limited to management of agribusiness, marketing of agribusiness, finance of agribusiness and government involvement in agriculture and agribusiness.
- Demonstrate knowledge of agribusiness in the U.S.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the many types of agribusiness.
- Describe agribusiness management theories and practices.
- Describe agribusiness marketing theories and practices.
- Describe sales practices in agribusiness.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the food system and its subsystems.
- Analyze supply and demand and describe their relationship to price determination.
- Demonstrate an understanding of government program policies and how it affects agribusiness.
- Compare the current U.S. agribusiness economy to the current global agribusiness economy.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines