||This course will cover the solid modeling tools and functions in AutoCAD. Students will learn to create and manipulate primitive solids, extrusions, sweeps and lofts. They will learn to utilize the Boolean functions, solid editing commands and derived view drawing tools required to generate complex solid models and create industry-standard drawing layouts based on the designed geometry.
- Analyze and create solid models with multiple solid modeling tools.
- Analyze design intent and sequencing for solid model creation.
- Interpret and apply XY drawing plane and dynamic User Coordinate System rules.
- Utilize Boolean commands to generate net volume solid models.
- Apply appropriate solid editing tools and functions to modify existing solid model geometry.
- Generate derived drawing layouts from solid models.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines