||This course provides an exploration of the home, center or school environment for children birth through 8. It includes an examination of both indoor and outdoor space in relation to arrangement, maintenance and evaluation. Students apply their knowledge in an actual work setting. The focus is on designing learning environments and developmentally appropriate practice in methods and materials for art, literacy, music, math, science, physical development, and social and multicultural studies.
|| CDEV1105 AND CDEV1107
- Define all interest areas set up in environments.
- Implement knowledge of child development and behavior guidance in designing a center-based classroom.
- Implement knowledge of child development and behavior guidance in designing a home-based care site.
- Implement knowledge of environmental quality factors in designing children's environments.
- Demonstrate ability to write appropriate lesson plans.
- Demonstrate ability to write measurable objectives in lesson planning.
- Demonstrate ability to identify potential assessment in lesson planning.
- Demonstrate ability to plan an integrated unit.
- Create materials and lesson plans to support children's discoveries in math, science, literacy, blocks, and music interest areas.
- Write lesson plans for process art, fine motor development, and social or multicultural studies.
- Locate appropriate songs, finger plays, and active games for young children.
- Practice teaching appropriate songs, fingerplays, and active games for young children.
- Implement knowledge of child development and behavior guidance in designing outdoor environments for young children.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines